Active Reef Clubs in my area (Central Florida)?

Hooloovoo

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 17, 2017
Messages
38
Reaction score
17
Location
Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I live in Sorrento, FL (about halfway between Orlando and Ocala), and have been back int the hobby for about six months after an extended absence. I've been looking for a reef club I could participate in, but the ones I have tried reaching out to don't seem to be too active. If anybody knows a club in my region that is looking for new members, let me know. Or, if you are just a fellow reefer in my area, maybe we can plan some kind of get-together at or after ReefaPalooza.
 
Welcome to R2R from a fellow Floridian. Not sure of any clubs in your area, but maybe my friend @jsker knows. He is in the Orlando area.
 
Welcome to R2R.
ORCA here in Orlando link would be the closest, some of there meeting are in Lake Mary
 
Welcome to R2R.
ORCA here in Orlando link would be the closest, some of there meeting are in Lake Mary

Hmm. I mailed in a membership form and check to them back in December, but no one ever responded. Looks like the check was cashed on December 16th though, so I guess I am a member? Not sure how to participate though. I guess I kind of assumed being a member would mean getting notifications of upcoming meetings and events, or at least a welcome to the club email since they asked for all that contact info.
 
Hmm. I mailed in a membership form and check to them back in December, but no one ever responded. Looks like the check was cashed on December 16th though, so I guess I am a member? Not sure how to participate though. I guess I kind of assumed being a member would mean getting notifications of upcoming meetings and events, or at least a welcome to the club email since they asked for all that contact info.
Go to the link, that is ORCA's site and see if you can PM the president. If they are down at Reef A Palooza If I can get some contact information. Come back her monday and PM me and I will let you know if I got anywhere:)
 
Go to the link, that is ORCA's site and see if you can PM the president. If they are down at Reef A Palooza If I can get some contact information. Come back her monday and PM me and I will let you know if I got anywhere:)

Thanks jsker. I went ahead and emailed their address on their contact page. If I don't get anything back, I'll look up their booth at Reef A Polooza.
 
Thanks jsker. I went ahead and emailed their address on their contact page. If I don't get anything back, I'll look up their booth at Reef A Polooza.
I do not see that they have a booth on the Reef A Palooza floor plan, but they are setting up at the event with some type of display. They are looking for volunteers for Friday, Saturday, Sunday, we will find them:D I would like to meet and chat with them.
 
I seen were they had a coral sale last week but I did not find when or where the meeting are.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top