Actual flow requirements for red ogo and ulva?

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 14, 2019
Messages
4,198
Reaction score
12,169
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the last two years or so I've been trying to find an ultra low powered power head for my 10-12G fuge to get some more flow. This has proven to be a losing battle.

I recently switched up the macro algae in my fuge to red ogo/ulva and was curious to see what the true flow requirements are from those with experience. I know many have no problems growing chaeto with little to no flow but can the same be said for red ogo/ulva?

Furthermore, what is the best ultra low powered power head for a smaller 12G fuge? I've tried the tunze 6015 nano stream and the hydor koralia nano 240. While the 240 is alright, it's still a little intense for such a small area.
 
For a pump you could try the Jebao OW10. I have 2ea in my 20g rock nem tank set on the lowest settings. Thye cycle on and off (1hr opposite times) controlled by my apex
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top