Adding 3 clownfish in a new nano tank is it possible?

woodyreef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 17, 2015
Messages
46
Reaction score
42
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Settting up a Red Sea reefer nano all I want inside is coral and 3 storm clownfish. Is it possible or will they fight?
 
One of those questions that I don’t think has a definitive answer.... I have 5 together in a 180 that have been together about 4 years, all added together pretty small in size... all live happily together within a very large Mag Anemone so I don’t think tank size plays a part at all.... As expected one has grown larger than the rest.....In a nano I probably wouldn’t risk more than two together as a precaution but I wouldn’t want to say it can or can’t work for sure

If you were determined to and had time to oversee the tank a lot, I would add 3 of the same size and be prepared to remove one if necessary. My only rule for multiple clowns is to keep the numbers odd so as to avoid multiple pairs. Multiple pairs probably won’t end well.
 
Just because I wanted all three types. Ima go with two tho

What two you decide on will also matter, as to whether it will work I believe. You will have better luck with the least aggressive species of clownfish, like A. Ocellaris and A. Percula. You should avoid species that are noted for being aggressive like P. Biaculeatus (maroons) or A. Frenatus (tomatoes).
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top