Adding a HOB skimmer to a HOB fuge?

Teemingtank

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 22, 2018
Messages
311
Reaction score
187
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a HOB Fiji cube refugium on my evo 13.5. I kinda want to add a skimmer. My chambers are all pretty much full. My options are a small, airstone driven skimmer or a hob skimmer. I was thinking a HOB skimmer could fit on the Fiji cube. Other than chaeto getting stuck to the pump, would a hob skimmer work if it was mounted on the Fiji cube?

image.jpg
 
Do you need a fuge and a skimmer? Are your nitrates high? Otherwise it sounds like overkill, but I understand the urge to strap on as much tech as possible. I'd be a little worried about putting a hang on on a hang on tho... Gotta ask yourself, is the gear helping the tank? Or just giving you more unnecessary stuff to maintenance?
 
Do you need a fuge and a skimmer? Are your nitrates high? Otherwise it sounds like overkill, but I understand the urge to strap on as much tech as possible. I'd be a little worried about putting a hang on on a hang on tho... Gotta ask yourself, is the gear helping the tank? Or just giving you more unnecessary stuff to maintenance?
Good point! My weekly water changes keep the nitrates in check. I was thinking a skimmer might lessen my workload. But I think you’re right, adding the skimmer would probably render my refugium worthless. Thank you!
 
I know this thread is old but how do you like the fiji cube for the evo?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top