Adding a red sea asfur angel with emperor angel

  • Thread starter Thread starter ajiisss
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

ajiisss

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 12, 2021
Messages
312
Reaction score
88
Location
80924
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 220 gallon FOWLR I have a 5 inch emperor angel in it can I add a 5 inch red sea asfur angel to the tank?
 
How mature is your Emperor Angel? Unless it’s a juvenile, you might have a better chance of adding a Clown Trigger.
 
How mature is your Emperor Angel? Unless it’s a juvenile, you might have a better chance of adding a Clown Trigger.
Its a 5-6inch juvenile emperor ..
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20210412_004802038 (1).mp4
    38.2 MB
It was a video attaching a different one
 

Attachments

  • WhatsApp Video 2021-03-11 at 2.44.32 PM.mp4
    9.5 MB
F0F23D3C-6CC8-421C-962F-E6BC679E68F1.jpeg

My iPhone hates your videos. Lol.

For comparison purposes, the other day I decided to transfer this. H. Singularis (Banner fish) into the 150-gallon tank that houses my Emperor. The Singularis is large— about the size of my entire hand, fingers outstretched. The Emperor started kicking him around and after 2 days I had to end the “experiment.” Based on the Asfur’s body type, I would think the same could happen.
 
F0F23D3C-6CC8-421C-962F-E6BC679E68F1.jpeg

My iPhone hates your videos. Lol.

For comparison purposes, the other day I decided to transfer this. H. Singularis (Banner fish) into the 150-gallon tank that houses my Emperor. The Singularis is large— about the size of my entire hand, fingers outstretched. The Emperor started kicking him around and after 2 days I had to end the “experiment.” Based on the Asfur’s body type, I would think the same could happen.
Yup I had the same experience I think you answered my other thread I wanted to give the emperor a challenger so that the aggression gets distributed ...
 
Yup I had the same experience I think you answered my other thread I wanted to give the emperor a challenger so that the aggression gets distributed ...
1620679718177.png
 
E0CF86D3-6BC7-4E6D-B6FF-9372E3E44E87.jpeg


Can’t recall if I posted this on that other thread, but no problems here with this Clown Trigger and my Emperor in this 150. (Minimal aquascaping.)
 
Your photo came through; maybe a similar sized Purple Tang? Or since you have a 220, a French Angel? (They can definitely hold their own; I have one in my other tank, and he’s the Boss.)
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top