Adding Redundancy to a Deep Blue Professional 75Gallon Reef Ready Aquarium. [HELP]

allyourfish

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 29, 2013
Messages
17
Reaction score
4
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I called my LFS and found a deep blue professional reef ready 75g for $299 shipped to the store. I consider that a deal compared to other quotes I have gotten. My original plans were to drill a tank myself and do a herbie (Duel Overflow) but with this tank it is not possible, but saves me money for not having to buy an overflow box, silicone, or a diamond coated hole saw bit, plus the inherit risk of totally destroying a brand new tank. I still want to use a gate valve to tune the siphon for a quieter overflow, But how can I add redundancy to this system that will make it nearly as safe as a duel overflow :ooh:. If I get a cover for the overflow I shouldn't worry about clogging a return line? Help this noob reefer out with suggestions! I know someone out there can teach me something, thanks in advance.
 
You can always use the drilled return line as emergency. And run returns over the back.
 
This seems like it would be the best method, as long as I can assure the over-the-back return cannot get bumped since I am hard plumbing it, perhaps I can silicone a U-Clamp to the back of the aquarium to hold the PVC in place.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top