advise on a skimmer for about 75 total gallons

I have the same knock off. Its the sca-301. I got mine off a user here used for $70 shipped. Best $70 spent on my tank thus far. I have a 33L with 20L sump, roughly 40G total volume. Works awesome.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
yes the 301 had to look at my ebay page lol. My tank is 30 gallons with about 10-12 in the sump. Works flawless.
 
Don't have one complaint about my Reef Octupus.
Its not so much as complaints about certain skimmers, because most that are asked would tell yoiu that theirs works perfect. But most don't know what a good operating skimmer can and will do, they've never actually seen or tested "Good" skimmers. So take yours for instance, if we were to add a pump to it that took in more L/H Air Intake, and a Mesh Impeller, it would just destroy your skimmer, and give you a new idea of "no complaints". =) That make sense?
Now take the other Skimmer that cost way less (SCA-301) Thats a good operating skimmer, up to the same standard of skimmer as your Octopus, and it costs alot less.
 
Last edited:

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top