AI Blade to replace XR30s on large tank?

788C0DAC-EF93-4CA1-BB59-BB2789B8F163.jpeg
FA875365-AB26-4579-9BBC-23E6AE70E6EA.jpeg
 
For a 96 long & 36 wide should two rows of the glow/grow/glow/grow in 48” be fine?
So, 4 total 48" Blades?

That would be 400 Watts cranked all the way up to light 24 sq feet. I don't see how that would be possible for a tank with stony corals.

What corals are you thinking?
 
I'm a bit slow since I’m still fairly new. What do you mean when you say 3 wide, 5 wide, etc.

I’d most likely want to run a grow and glow set up like yours.

So on my tank I am running 5 lights wide. 3 Blades and 2 XHO. It will eventually be 5 Blades because I am OCD and want it to go Grow/Glow/Grow/Glow/Grow to be even on my peninsula.

If you aren't doing a peninsula, you could run 2 sets of 4 Blades.

Front to back like this:

Grow Grow
Glow Glow
Grow Grow
Glow Glow

If you are trying to cover a 96" long tank, you will want to use the 39" models IMO. The 48" models are actually 48.1" plus the wire so two of them side by side will be larger than the tank. For a 120" tank, use the 57" models.
 
So, 4 total 48" Blades?

That would be 400 Watts cranked all the way up to light 24 sq feet. I don't see how that would be possible for a tank with stony corals.

What corals are you thinking?
No, 8 total like the example rtparty posted under your comment.

I’m barely in the process of ordering everything for my 8 foot tank. I’d like it to mainly be an sps tank once I get everything down
 
So on my tank I am running 5 lights wide. 3 Blades and 2 XHO. It will eventually be 5 Blades because I am OCD and want it to go Grow/Glow/Grow/Glow/Grow to be even on my peninsula.

If you aren't doing a peninsula, you could run 2 sets of 4 Blades.

Front to back like this:

Grow Grow
Glow Glow
Grow Grow
Glow Glow

If you are trying to cover a 96" long tank, you will want to use the 39" models IMO. The 48" models are actually 48.1" plus the wire so two of them side by side will be larger than the tank. For a 120" tank, use the 57" models.
Thanks for all the tips, it’s kinda hard getting that around here when I sometimes ask stupid beginner questions lol.
 
You’ll only need 3 for a 30” wide tank and the 66” would have been better IME

My current setup is XHO/Grow/Glow/Grow/XHO
8A63C3A2-F63F-4A17-954F-94B796EA53B1.jpeg
how long is ur tank was debating on using ai blade grows 66" on my tank, but its going to be the waterbox 340.7 which is 7 ft long.
 
Have you Considered the Quata Helix Light Bars. The Data is out on the comparisons of blades and the Quanta Helix Bars.
You will save a ton of money going Quanta Helix and have way better cover, spread, and color, for SPS

 
Have you Considered the Quata Helix Light Bars. The Data is out on the comparisons of blades and the Quanta Helix Bars.
You will save a ton of money going Quanta Helix and have way better cover, spread, and color, for SPS

thanks i havent looked into those ill check them out
 
thanks i havent looked into those ill check them out
Luca the Developer has a HUGE presence on IG if you have that.

He does most of his marketing on Social Media. He's a brilliant guy and really developing some great products.
I'm running his Quata Atlas on my farm. I absolutely love them

 
how long is ur tank was debating on using ai blade grows 66" on my tank, but its going to be the waterbox 340.7 which is 7 ft long.

72” and I ran the 57” Blades. They are the best LED bars I’ve used, seen, and/or tested. Any that use optics or reflectors can’t compete with the Blades in real world use. I tried them
 
72” and I ran the 57” Blades. They are the best LED bars I’ve used, seen, and/or tested. Any that use optics or reflectors can’t compete with the Blades in real world use. I tried them
Think the 66” will be fine on a 7ft? What’s ur par looking like.
 
72” and I ran the 57” Blades. They are the best LED bars I’ve used, seen, and/or tested. Any that use optics or reflectors can’t compete with the Blades in real world use. I tried them
Not trying to poke here, just wandering if you have tested or seen the data on the Helix Light Bars from Quanta?
Thanks for any info or data you may have.
 
Think the 66” will be fine on a 7ft? What’s ur par looking like.

I think Treasure Corals uses the 66” on his 7ft tank. He has a YT channel.

With 3 of the Blades I had SPS PAR levels throughout the tank. I ran 5 simply because I wanted a crazy blanket of light like T5s.

I ran them for 9 months before switching to Radions. I only switched because I love lighting and trying it all out. The Blades were amazing the whole 9 months. I was bit by the first batch issues. AI replaced them without question though and all was well after that.
 
Not trying to poke here, just wandering if you have tested or seen the data on the Helix Light Bars from Quanta?
Thanks for any info or data you may have.

All I've seen posted on Helix is spectrum (which is nice). Has he posted PAR numbers or spread/mounting height info anywhere?

There is a lot wrong with the Blade, but it has KILLER spread (or coverage).
 
I think Treasure Corals uses the 66” on his 7ft tank. He has a YT channel.

With 3 of the Blades I had SPS PAR levels throughout the tank. I ran 5 simply because I wanted a crazy blanket of light like T5s.

I ran them for 9 months before switching to Radions. I only switched because I love lighting and trying it all out. The Blades were amazing the whole 9 months. I was bit by the first batch issues. AI replaced them without question though and all was well after that.
Good to hear! I was thinking about using 3 xr30s and 2 blades as “supplemental” later on when colonies start to grow.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top