AI Hyrda HDs with Radion brackets - SEXY

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 22, 2016
Messages
1,474
Reaction score
1,573
Location
St. Augustine, Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if your like me and you love the way the Radion brackets look but would rather run AIs here is a nice clean way to use the Radion brackets on your AIs.

20161012_084307.jpg


I did this by removing the swivel and milling off the arms that attach to the Radion. I then drilled the swivel and tapped it into the bar below it. That was made of 1/4" mild steel that is drilled on each end to match up with the existing holes that the AI uses for its hanging kit. I used a couple of 5/8th standoffs to make sure the AI still had plenty of air flow and that was that!

20161012_084324.jpg


Her is a picture of how they look on the tank. Please excuse the mess... its a project morning ;)
20161012_084448.jpg
 
Have you seen the aqua allumination rail kit for hydras? I gotta say one of the best designs I've seen yet other than the bracket that comes on red seas E series
 
Have you seen the aqua allumination rail kit for hydras? I gotta say one of the best designs I've seen yet other than the bracket that comes on red seas E series
Ya, those rail kits are very nice and there are a bunch of extrusion option that might work with them. What I REALLY like are the Prime tank mounts. Unfortunately those are made of .20 and I'm fairly sure they would sag a little with the Hydras.
 
I have pics if you want to see just didn't want to high jack
Who doesn't love pictures ;) Post em.
BTW if you like that style check out these guys. https://8020.net/
They make and sell all sorts of profiles and you can do some crazy stuff with it.
 
Yes that's how I installed mine, they are designed to where all the work is done from the inside of the stand.
So those attach to the stand itself from the inside. Very nice. Does the aluminum profile sag at all were the horizontal flange attaches or is it nice and square?
 
So those attach to the stand itself from the inside. Very nice. Does the aluminum profile sag at all were the horizontal flange attaches or is it nice and square?

Yes sir, the back up nuts to the bolts are built into the vertical pieces so their is no need to do anything behind the stand besides line up the holes. they don't sag one bit. I can take more detailed pics this evening if your interested in seeing some. Both pieces are held together by machine bolts at the flange.
 
@Jdeleon how do you like the Hydra 26's? I also have the 525 reefer, so wondering if you think 3 of the 26's are sufficient for a reef tank, or if you would go for 4 ultimately?
 
@Jdeleon how do you like the Hydra 26's? I also have the 525 reefer, so wondering if you think 3 of the 26's are sufficient for a reef tank, or if you would go for 4 ultimately?

I like the hydras, a lot actually. I think 3 does ok very little shadows witch I also like for some coral that requires less lighting. depending on your scape 3 lights gives you more options for coral placement. I may be completely wrong but I think with the lights spread apart a little more then their is a little less intensity in some areas in the center of the tank vs what you would mostly get on most tanks where it is intense in the center and a little less intense on the ends. Not sure if that makes any sense at all.
 
I like the hydras, a lot actually. I think 3 does ok very little shadows witch I also like for some coral that requires less lighting. depending on your scape 3 lights gives you more options for coral placement. I may be completely wrong but I think with the lights spread apart a little more then their is a little less intensity in some areas in the center of the tank vs what you would mostly get on most tanks where it is intense in the center and a little less intense on the ends. Not sure if that makes any sense at all.
Helps a lot, thanks!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top