AI prime 16 to Radion Xr15 Acclimation?

vcollins9850

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 31, 2020
Messages
263
Reaction score
160
Location
Birmingham
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am changing the light over 40 gal AIO from a single AI prime puck to a xr15 blue. I run very similar schedule to AB+ so not worried about spectrum. But in terms of power:

1. what percentage should I run the new light starting out and what should I try to max out at?
2. Also how long of an acclimation period should I run before reaching max percentage?

Tank is mostly LPS with some montis and acros in top third of tank. Looking to add more Acros in the near future. TY!
 
When I had my XR30s over my IM Fusion 25 Lagoons I was running them @35% schedule intensity (guessing your 40 is a bit higher, so you may want to look at 40-45%).

I think anything from a few days to a week is fine.
 
When I had my XR30s over my IM Fusion 25 Lagoons I was running them @35% schedule intensity (guessing your 40 is a bit higher, so you may want to look at 40-45%).

I think anything from a few days to a week is fine.
Thanks. After lots of reading I was leaning towards 50% max, and just let the acclimation setting run to get me there. I’d rather play it on the cautious side in terms of too much light. After a few weeks I might go up to 55-60 if corals are happy
 
Thanks. After lots of reading I was leaning towards 50% max, and just let the acclimation setting run to get me there. I’d rather play it on the cautious side in terms of too much light. After a few weeks I might go up to 55-60 if corals are happy
I currently run them @75%, but that's also a 23.6" deep tank.
 
I run my XR30 G5 Blue @ 85% and cant see any bleching or something... is weird.. I could even go to 100% I guess
On my Red Sea Reefer 200XL
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top