Ai Prime lighting and coral coloration

DirkCourage

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 6, 2020
Messages
139
Reaction score
173
Location
Chicago
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the warning signs of inadequate lighting in regards to coral coloration?

I’ve been running an Ai Prime 16HD “Signature” program (Orozco) and while everything seems very healthy and full looking, with some growth visible, I feel a nagging sense that my color has gotten a little less vibrant. My first corals are just six weeks in, mushrooms and zoas.

This program peaks at about 80 UV and violet spectrums, while BRS settings are at 116 in those ranges. I hate to second guess and futz around when things seem ok, but I also feel like if I were to change schedules I ought to do it now. Any advice?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top