Aiptasia Squad - Here's my plan!

Peppermint shrimp, berghia nudibranchs, file fish.
I'm on my second round of berghia...after about 2 months of no positive change, I bit the bullet and added peppermint and file fish.

They've made a noticeable dent in my aiptasia. Plus the file fish is an interesting fish to see floating around. Super quirky personality
 
I'm on my second round of berghia...after about 2 months of no positive change, I bit the bullet and added peppermint and file fish.

They've made a noticeable dent in my aiptasia. Plus the file fish is an interesting fish to see floating around. Super quirky personality
any nipping from the filefish?
 
I'm on my second round of berghia...after about 2 months of no positive change, I bit the bullet and added peppermint and file fish.

They've made a noticeable dent in my aiptasia. Plus the file fish is an interesting fish to see floating around. Super quirky personality
I dig my file, it's a bit puppyish frankly. Comes up to eat when I approach the tank!
 
Copper Banded Butteryfly.
Bought three days ago, all my aiptasia has seemed to disappear, assuming the Cbb has eaten it.

But now, the cbb is starting to try and eat the food or tentacles of my green Duncan, I have feed shrimp and will start on some other meaty foods.

Great for aiptasia but not sure if it’s a keep at this point.
 
any nipping from the filefish?

Nope, if anything my corals are starting to open up more from the aiptasia getting controlled. I feed relatively heavy so I'm hoping that everything stays well fed and I stay in maintenance mode.

It's been worth the risk though as I've got a 200g that had a pretty good outbreak. No way I was going to win with the syringe method and nudis alone
 
Berghias for sure! I threw in a couple of adults in my tank and they started spawning like their lives depended on it. And aiptasia that bothered my corals just disappeared
 
Yes I waited almost 4 months and in that time the aiptasia actually got worse, add those two and noticed a decrease within several days two weeks later none except in my fuge, which leads me to believe no bergias are left.
I had a simular experience my second round. After 4ish months with nothing I contacted salty underground and asked why nothing happened and what would eat them. We determined possibly my CBS ate them.
Well couple months later the aptaisia started to disappear. It was a good 6 months before they built up numbers to make a dent.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top