Aiptasia took over….

WhySoSeriousDory

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 23, 2021
Messages
166
Reaction score
153
Location
amsterdam
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back when it took over my tank and I’ve had a journey but back on track now after a lot of sh^%
7035717C-1B7F-43BC-A2C9-07FF2F62B892.png
F3BCFF0C-EDC0-47D3-85BD-1C69EA4FE899.png
 
Looks much better. What did you use to get rid of them? I have quite a lot of aiptasia (although not as bad as yours was). I have a CBB in QT but I’m trying to get it eating frozen food before moving it to the display tank.
 
Looks much better. What did you use to get rid of them? I have quite a lot of aiptasia (although not as bad as yours was). I have a CBB in QT but I’m trying to get it eating frozen food before moving it to the display tank.
Thanks, yea it was ridiculous. A couple peppermints and filefish got the job done
 
Thanks, yea it was ridiculous. A couple peppermints and filefish got the job done
I tried peppermints in my tank but they became a snack for my wrasse. If my CBB doesn’t work out my next attempt will be a file fish.
I tried some chemical methods and it caused it to spread quickly. I’m convinced that a predator is the way to go.
 
I tried peppermints in my tank but they became a snack for my wrasse. If my CBB doesn’t work out my next attempt will be a file fish.
I tried some chemical methods and it caused it to spread quickly. I’m convinced that a predator is the way to go.
Yea and patience. Mine was really bad so I removed the rock and took a torch to the aiptasia but I wouldn’t advise doing that as you lose a lot of beneficial bacteria. Desperate measures though…
 
I can say kalk +2 works wonders though and won’t make it spread. It will nuke them. And my filefish was eating my coral so got rid of it
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top