Hallo
Thanks to being unemployed for a few months this year (thanks COVID!) I received a pretty generous tax return. My partner asked, "What are you going to do with it?" And I decided to be fiscally responsible and buy myself a new marine tank <3 since it's a better chance right now than the stock market
Current Situation 16th September:
Reducing excess nitrates in the system
Waiting on leopard wrasse to add...!
Check latest post for updates
********* Original Post *********
I have run a nano reef for about 5 years now, which is a 40 litre (10 gallon) cube. I had initially planned to upgrade to a 90 litre cube, but another marine enthusiast had a 2 year old Red Sea Reefer 250 on the market with some equipment for a pretty good price. The 250 will be a big step up for me with a lot of firsts, but I'm already looking forward to cracking on. I will put some pictures up once I pick up the gear and roll along. I'm a novice for these big tanks (big to me anyhow) so hopefully it will be of interest to anyone else taking a step to these larger tanks. As I love my LPS and softies, this will be an SPS free tank
Equipment:
Red Sea Reefer 250
Return pump Sicce Syncra 3.5
Chiller Hailea HC150
ATO Tunze Osmolator 3155
Skimmer eshopps S-120
Mechanical filter Clarisea 3000
Lights 2 x AI PrimeHD
Auto water changer - my LFS is bringing in a new brand
Wavemakers - MP10
Hardscape - 20kg real reef rock
Cabinet lighting - Strip LED
Future fish list :
2 x wild caught Clownfish percula DT
1 x Yellow watchman goby DT
2 x Bangai cardinals
1 x Valentini Puffer
1 x Yellow coris wrasse QT
1 x Yellowtail flasher wrasse QT
1 x Golden Midas blenny
1 x Longnose hawkfish
1 x Marine Betta
Current stage:
Setting up location for tank in lounge, picking up everything. Then planning out plumbing - RO container next to tank, seawater outside. Also looking at a little trolley I can keep all my 'working' fish gear on/in.