Algae growing on part of monti cap

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 10, 2021
Messages
1,714
Reaction score
1,369
Location
Planet Earth
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I first got this frag a few weeks ago, there was a little bit of brown algae growing on it. I did as much as I could to get it off during the dip but it’s getting bigger and longer, so I was wondering, should I frag this part off, or let coral fight it off?
image.jpg
 
For me I would frag it off and not risk it spreading throughout the tank. I don’t think that the coral can fight it off.
 
I had the same thing happen to a Monti. I would probably frag the algae off or if you can remove it daily squirt hydrogen peroxide on the algae. I would do maybe 50/50 3% hydrogen peroxide with RO water.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top