Algae killed off but now water parameters are messed up.Help!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter scott_r
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

scott_r

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 18, 2022
Messages
23
Reaction score
9
Location
Moose Jaw
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reefers

after months of battling hair algae its finally completely gone, beautiful sand bed, zero algae, things look wonderful. I have been dosing NoPox and Phosphate E. My issue is with my water parameters now. I was dosing Kalk till I saw these numbers increasing.

CA 500
MG 1360
ALK 13.1
P04 0 ( Hanna Phos ULR)

Everything looks good, my RBTA's have finally bubbled up and look great, they dont look thin and stringy ( could be the Red Sea AB+) My sps looks good but am concerned with the high numbers effecting things. How do I get these numbers back to acceptable parameters? I am doing weekly water changes 10%.

Cheers!!
 
Just let that fall back on its own.
I’d just half the Kalk while it falls.
You may have to readjust your Kalk.
 
Agree with the above but 0 phosphate is bad.
 
How do you increase phosphate in a safe manner? Heavy feeding?
Pellet food can bring phosphate up or feeding your corals reef roids. I just dosed neophos easily to get mine up.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top