Alien??? Warning: Avert eyes if you frighten easily!

Please identify this monster

  • I don't know

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • I don't know

    Votes: 4 80.0%

  • Total voters
    5
  • Poll closed .

Jennifer Rossi

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 2, 2016
Messages
6
Reaction score
6
Location
Metairie
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
What in the name of Stephen King is this thing?? It is not the Hermit Crab...it's the thing behind it!!
 
It's a large Bristle worm brissle worm however it's spelt lol
 
Did the crab make it? [emoji33]
 
ROTF...it's just a bristle worm. Dramatic lighting and poll...it's not that scary and very very common. I'd even say that 90% of reefers have them.

Seriously I think it could be a predatory fire worm, come pair the double set bristles on its sides with confirmed pictures from Google.
 
ROTF...it's just a bristle worm. Dramatic lighting and poll...it's not that scary and very very common. I'd even say that 90% of reefers have them.
It sure scared the heck out of me. It was huge! And, I have no idea what it was. I got my brother to remove it, but he made me squawk like a chicken before he would get rid of it!
 
It sure scared the heck out of me. It was huge! And, I have no idea what it was. I got my brother to remove it, but he made me squawk like a chicken before he would get rid of it!

Should have gotten some better pictures when you removed it
 
I am very new to this forum so I am not sure to what poll the post refers. I hope I did not unintentionally click on a wrong icon. I posted the pic because I honestly had no idea what that thing was. The lighting is what happened to be on & was not done for any dramatic purpose.
 
I am very new to this forum so I am not sure to what poll the post refers. I hope I did not unintentionally click on a wrong icon. I posted the pic because I honestly had no idea what that thing was. The lighting is what happened to be on & was not done for any dramatic purpose.

Just helps everyone in one way or another to get positive IDs
 
A fire worm...
red-tipped_fireworm.jpg

Red-Tipped-Fireworm-bst-8-12-11ss-158.jpg


Though will give fire worm ...is only correctly use for a few species... bristle is LOTs.
 
I am very new to this forum so I am not sure to what poll the post refers. I hope I did not unintentionally click on a wrong icon. I posted the pic because I honestly had no idea what that thing was. The lighting is what happened to be on & was not done for any dramatic purpose.

You made a poll with only two options IDK what this is and IDK what this is...and its ok. Actually kinda funny now :)
 
Fire worm not bristle worm. Predatory species of the bristleworm though. Remove. Not good kind of bristleworm.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top