all blue light/LED strip as a "boost"/supplement for a mostly white light?

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 27, 2022
Messages
3,968
Reaction score
4,419
Location
Grand Junction
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
this a thing? options?

I am using Fluval Marine nano lights. They work well enough, but would like more blues for that color pop.
 
You can add a couple 470nm light bars for some added pop.
Really, just depends on what your looking for.
Reef breeders makes some nice led light bars or you can get some China versions on eBay or AliExpress. Will just come down to budget.
Do a Google search for reefbreeders 470nm light bar and/or AliExpress. You’ll see them.
 
I just got a a 24" light, it has ALLOT of blue and actinic, it's almost a black light, but its very blue and needs to be mixed with white light, surprisingly it's pumping out over 100 par 16" deep in the water and 10" off the water surface.

I got it to try as it was recommended by another member.

 
I just got a a 24" light, it has ALLOT of blue and actinic, it's almost a black light, but its very blue and needs to be mixed with white light, surprisingly it's pumping out over 100 par 16" deep in the water and 10" off the water surface.

I got it to try as it was recommended by another member.

Dang looking at it, I think they may be out of business now.. :( it wasn't that long ago....
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top