All my Dinos, Cyano, and Bubble Algae just disappeared?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rja
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

rja

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 30, 2022
Messages
635
Reaction score
592
Location
Motor City
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
So I have had some issues with Cyano, Dino, and Bubble Algae. Over the last month it literally just (almost completely) disappeared..? I switched to my own RODI water and am dosing MB7 but that’s it. This is so amazing but I have no clue what happened.
8A447398-F9A7-477A-ADED-08F3A8FCA26F.jpeg
48BB1B4C-07C4-4B45-8553-F82E8FF6718C.jpeg
9FF26329-764D-4C19-A54F-D893A4148E5F.jpeg
 
Where were you getting your water from before?

Could have something to do with it lol.

Tank looks amazing!
I gave blind trust to three local fish stores in making my RODI water for me. Fortunately, I decided to buy a TDS meter off amazon to test their water. One store had 257 TDS and the other two had 100-110 TDS 'RODI water'. Instantly, I bought a BRS 4 stage and have been producing zero TDS water ever since.

But thank you very much! I got that beautiful Acan colony from Cherry Corals for only $40 and it has become a centerpiece already. Pretty much everything in that tank is from them. Highly recommend shopping there.
 
I gave blind trust to three local fish stores in making my RODI water for me. Fortunately, I decided to buy a TDS meter off amazon to test their water. One store had 257 TDS and the other two had 100-110 TDS 'RODI water'. Instantly, I bought a BRS 4 stage and have been producing zero TDS water ever since.

But thank you very much! I got that beautiful Acan colony from Cherry Corals for only $40 and it has become a centerpiece already. Pretty much everything in that tank is from them. Highly recommend shopping there.
The reds are gorgeous.

Cherry corals is an awesome vendor.

I really miss my magic carpet mushroom from them.
 
All three are photosynthetic and may have drawn back due to low light. If you find your po4 and no3 have risen, it may play a part. Ive seen this often to have the person realize its back with a vengeance when it never left but hopefully this is the case
 
All three are photosynthetic and may have drawn back due to low light. If you find your po4 and no3 have risen, it may play a part. Ive seen this often to have the person realize its back with a vengeance when it never left but hopefully this is the case
it was merely an annoyance. never really became all too much of an issue. so perhaps it is the calm before the storm so to speak. time will tell. thank you for your info as always, helping everybody on this forum!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top