All my parameters are off and i dnt knw why

Thanks for everyones help so far I'll continue with the water changes n increase on the salt n hope for the best! Any other input please continue to share [emoji4]
 
That temp won't affect ick at all. Plus, 1.020 is too low. For ick, I would remove the fish, treat, and let the tank remain fallow for 8 weeks.


Anyways, did you make the sump yourself? If so, how (( did you use silicone? ))

What all do you have for filtration? Skimmer? Live rock?
Do you use RO/DI water? If so, what is the TDS?

That is a fairly large bio-load for a 55 gallon tank. As those fish grow, more problems will arise (( up to and including eaten fish ))


You think 1.020 is too low for fish only? Someone at my lfs made it and i think he did use silicone.

I have lots of live rock in my tank and i have a hydor protien skimmer that is made for up to 65 gallons.

I use tap water and have been using tap water since the beginning with no issues until recently.

Most of my fish are pretty small tho besides the himu trigger which is maybe 4 inches
 
For a fish only tank that is fine. I had already thought that's what you had so I didn't comment on your SG
 
Did the hob filter have anything in it that would give bacteria a place to grow? If so it is possible that removing the filter removed some of the beneficial bacteria and it is going through a small cycle while the bacteria builds the population back up.

Yes it had the sponges and i also had a piece of the blue n white pad in the hob filter but threw eveeything away which clearly waant the best idea. N yes after everyones input i'd have to agree it might be going through a mini cycle right now. So i guess i just have to ride it out n hope my fish ride it out as well since it doesnt seem like there is much i can do now besides small water changes.
 
I find this interesting. I have a sump on mine as well with 2 clowns, large yellow tang, blue Hawaiian tang, royal gramma, orange stripe goby, coral beauty, red scooter blenny, green mandarin, emerald starfish, sea serpent starfish, coral banned shrimp, cleaner shrimp, purple reef lobster, carpet anemone, bta, frogspawn, ricordia, moon coral, polys, rastas, etc. No protein skimmer and they only thing that I have readings on is nitrate which I'm using prime. I do have live rock and macro

What size is your tank?
 
I made a similar mistake by adding live sand to an established tank and caused a mini cycle. My anemone wasn't too happy with me but everything survived. Just keep checking parameters and make sure ammonia is going down to at least not getting higher. Mine took about a week and a half to fully correct itself.
 
A week in half sheeeshhhhh [emoji30] but glad to hear everything turned out fine.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top