All my wrasse buddies, 3rd times a charm

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Joined
Feb 20, 2011
Messages
8,920
Reaction score
405
Location
Tucson, AZ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Send me some good vibes this time. paracheilinus attenuatus attempt #3 is in full effect. This is the last one I will attempt so I hope it goes well. The other two I had were spooked from day one and were never able to be around any other fish and feel comfortable. They ate alright but just hid and stayed real close to the base of the rocks. One passed in the display and one never made it there. The new guy is the smallest yet and the bravest. Hes in my QT with a pair of Venustus angels and a female eightline flasher that easily twice his size. It still puzzles me how a wrasse this tiny becomes male in the ocean.

He just came in today so pics will have to come later, wish me luck this time cause im out of money, haha.
 
Last edited:
Isn't the attenuatus a flasher wrasse not a fairy ? Anyways good luck with a beautiful fish I hope this guy can handle the display id love to see some pics of him !
 
Isn't the attenuatus a flasher wrasse not a fairy ? Anyways good luck with a beautiful fish I hope this guy can handle the display id love to see some pics of him !

Haha, brain fart. Thank you
 
Good luck with the new guy Brett. Hope he settles in well and becomes used to tank life in your care.
 
Hope this Attenuatus does well for you...also sorry to sidetrack but curious how your Venustus are doing? They eating good? what ya feeding em? I'd like to try to one
 
Good luck with the new guy Brett. Hope he settles in well and becomes used to tank life in your care.

Thanks man, so far he seems awesome

Hope this Attenuatus does well for you...also sorry to sidetrack but curious how your Venustus are doing? They eating good? what ya feeding em? I'd like to try to one

One venustus I've had for a while and he's doing great, eats pellets and is slowly learning to eat frozen. The other was just introduced to the QT this morning with the Attenuatus. He came in with popeye so I'm hoping for the best with that.
 
Karma for you Brett! It took my 3rd time to be the charm, so hoping same for you! Mine is the boss of the smaller Wrasses (those 3" or less). Always out in the open, and a very aggressive eater.
 
Thanks for the karma guys!

Update: had a little setback but thanks to hypo we are back on track and all three fish in the QT are doing good and eating well.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top