All the power of the IPhone 7 Plus Camera

Joeganja

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 10, 2014
Messages
2,873
Reaction score
980
Location
Modesto, California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So for a while I've been searching for the right dslr to get those quality photos meanwhile doing that I've come to appreciate my phones camera much more than you would think. Now there's a couple of issues that do come up such as needing attachment macro lens for the phone and specific lighting that dslrs can work with but for some reason under my radion I can capture an image without any extra lens that would have one question where it's a dslr photo or iPhone. Given that you don't zoom in but quality of the photo is there. Btw here's a quick tip. If you open your iPhones camera app when your camera is facing your tank instead of opening the camera app away from the tank and then aim it at the tank and get it adjust to the light then you will see a dramatic difference I promise. It's like the secret that no one knows!
IMG_0185.JPG

IMG_0177.JPG
IMG_0190.JPG
IMG_3243.JPG
IMG_0190.JPG
 
That frog is adorable.

I agree though, I don't get DSLR quality like yours (dinosaur iPhone) but I get enough to give an accurate representation I think.

a70e3a96cf7c8ccb8e19b11654372818.jpg

1187c436cf98aaf448e9e7b20c43884f.jpg
 
That frog is adorable.

I agree though, I don't get DSLR quality like yours (dinosaur iPhone) but I get enough to give an accurate representation I think.

a70e3a96cf7c8ccb8e19b11654372818.jpg

1187c436cf98aaf448e9e7b20c43884f.jpg

You know what. Your capturing the true color without edits and that blue hue that throws things off. So your photos are doing justice.
 
I've been reading some random articles because I too have been comparing quality. The articles I read, put the iPhone 5-7, and the best photographers couldn't differentiate between the two
 
So for a while I've been searching for the right dslr to get those quality photos meanwhile doing that I've come to appreciate my phones camera much more than you would think. Now there's a couple of issues that do come up such as needing attachment macro lens for the phone and specific lighting that dslrs can work with but for some reason under my radion I can capture an image without any extra lens that would have one question where it's a dslr photo or iPhone. Given that you don't zoom in but quality of the photo is there. Btw here's a quick tip. If you open your iPhones camera app when your camera is facing your tank instead of opening the camera app away from the tank and then aim it at the tank and get it adjust to the light then you will see a dramatic difference I promise. It's like the secret that no one knows!
IMG_0185.JPG

IMG_0177.JPG
IMG_0190.JPG
IMG_3243.JPG
IMG_0190.JPG
Great tip, I will try it. You really want to make them pop? get the Snapseed app and use the "tune image" mode, go to "warmth" and increase it to about 50-75 which will remove the blues from your actinic shots... Try it! you will be super happy!
 
Great tip, I will try it. You really want to make them pop? get the Snapseed app and use the "tune image" mode, go to "warmth" and increase it to about 50-75 which will remove the blues from your actinic shots... Try it! you will be super happy!

Thanks let me know how my tip works for you.
 
Great tip, I will try it. You really want to make them pop? get the Snapseed app and use the "tune image" mode, go to "warmth" and increase it to about 50-75 which will remove the blues from your actinic shots... Try it! you will be super happy!


will let you know
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top