Almost time to add my first Corals, which one should I choose?:)

What colors are you looking for? Shape, growth, ect. Do you have a lot of light? Flow?

I will say that you want to really plan out stocking a tank long term as some soft corals emit toxins, some grow over everything , some lps sting inches away, spawn and polute, ect.

I think it would be better to have ideas of some options and ask placement, care, growth, concerns, and flow.
 
Il'l look into Kenya thanks ! Starting right away with a SPS monticap, woudn't that be a bit hard ? I'm pretty much a newbie
The Kenya Tree was a j/k unless you want them to take over you tank.....
Monti Caps are super easy........but, stay with the softies first as others have suggested
 
I don't know what you will add but make sure you dip them and take them off the frag plug. I would look for clean frags at the store if you can.
 
Id stay away from LPS for a beginner, then you'll have to dose alk and calcium and softies are much better IMO for a beginner
I don't mind trying to dose but of course Il'l take the easy route first
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top