Alright...how am I going to make this happen?!?!?!

I managed to get the elbow off of the drain, and I found something crazy. Apparently, there is a whole colony of these really long tube worms living in my overflow! I had no idea....very weird. I'm working on getting all of the crap out of the overflow, but I have have a shot at netting the guy once I can see in the overflow.
 
Update: One male dispar anthia successfully rescued from the dungeon! :)

I removed most of the detritus and water from the overflow last night before attempting to net my wayward friend (there was an AMAZING amount of crud in the overflow, btw...but that is a story for another day). I stuck the net into the overflow, raised it up and heard a bunch of flapping, like a fish on the floor. I looked in the net, but the fish was not in the net...he was stuck to the outside of it! I pulled the net out and held it over the main tank for like a second before he freed himself right into the display tank. He was swimming around the tank and eating happily last night, and actually looked like he had been eating quite well in the overflow!

Also, the new covers I fashioned from ABS plastic should prevent this from happening again!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top