Alternative to Reefer 750 XXL auto top-off system

ajtomase

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 25, 2020
Messages
366
Reaction score
172
Location
Chandler
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I heard that the auto top off system in the Reefer 750 XXL can be faulty and break and I heard others use 3rd party systems (like Tunze or Neptune). Has anyone else experienced this or have suggestions? I'd hate for my kitchen to flood...
 
I can’t comment on the 750 XXL but I have reefer 250 and 525 XL and the ATO is quite robust. I like the 24x7 gravity fed ATO personally as it maintains very stable salinity. On both my tanks I have a Neptune ATK filling up the ATO reservoir once a day from my remote RODI reservoir.

I also have an optical sensor in each sump to alert me to low levels as the one issue the stock ATOs have is that the float valve can gum up. I clean the float valve every couple of months and in between if it gums up the sensor alerts me to this.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top