Alternatives to Red Sea…

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Joined
Sep 1, 2021
Messages
19,120
Reaction score
38,554
Location
United Kingdom (England)
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any other good alternatives to Red Sea?

So far I’ve found Cade and see most go for this, Innovative Marine, D-D, and Aqua One. This is a question for anyone wondering the same thing.
 
Last edited:
Love my CADE! The only other brand I was considering was IM.
I was reading your thread when you were looking at Cade or Red Sea - currently I think my choices have been narrowed down to them. And I’m leaning towards CADE but always hold hope for any others (also, if anyone has any reason to turn back towards Red Sea feel free to say as I’m sure everyone would love to hear :))
 
I was reading your thread when you were looking at Cade or Red Sea - currently I think my choices have been narrowed down to them. And I’m leaning towards CADE but always hold hope for any others (also, if anyone has any reason to turn back towards Red Sea feel free to say as I’m sure everyone would love to hear :))

Before I purchased, I met a local reefer who was setting up G2+ Red Sea 700.

The armored seams and top and bottom eurobracing was really nice. Stand was aluminum. I think still they make the best looking stands, I just wish they’d abandon the floating front edge design as it’s a design flaw for me.

I also wanted the 30” depth for the CADE, the extra 6” gives more wiggle room for scaping + added room for my giganteas — also the reason why IM was in the running, though they don’t make a 5’ peninsula and have very long lead times for delivery.
 
Cade looks nice overall but clear silicone gives meh look!
Waterbox is basically RS with better looking sump imho.
Aquaforest very nice look and sump but sump is missing refugium compartment!
 
IM are nice tanks, I have 2. My only issue is they now force you to buy the stand which is fine as they seem like nice stands but I don’t like how tall most stands are and I want my sump to be in another room. But build quality seems pretty nice.
 
Does IM ship to UK? I love my IM tanks. Would definitely go with a third if I were to upgrade, but I'm also looking at the Aquaforest tanks and thinking they look promising.

Actually, if I had a big budget, I would do a custom Glass Cages tank that is extra long but shallow, like a 6ft x 2 ft x 16" height tank, or even an 8ft.
 
Does IM ship to UK? I love my IM tanks. Would definitely go with a third if I were to upgrade, but I'm also looking at the Aquaforest tanks and thinking they look promising.

Actually, if I had a big budget, I would do a custom Glass Cages tank that is extra long but shallow, like a 6ft x 2 ft x 16" height tank, or even an 8ft.
I know WB has a frag system that size. Was looking at it in black.
 
I was reading your thread when you were looking at Cade or Red Sea - currently I think my choices have been narrowed down to them. And I’m leaning towards CADE but always hold hope for any others (also, if anyone has any reason to turn back towards Red Sea feel free to say as I’m sure everyone would love to hear :))
I love my Red Sea tank. I’ve had it for a few years now and the build quality is amazing It’s a reefer S series and i couldn’t be happier with it. I’ve got a few friends who also have Red Sea tanks, a few have the new G2 reefers and they all love them too. Personally if your looking for a new reef tank, I would highly recommend Red Sea
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top