Aluminium: Best way to lower it?

Ok thank you now I know but so I need to follow through with icp test or just continue with biweekly Water change

What was the aluminum value?

When excessively high (don't rely on an ICP company to tell you what is too high) removing any white media is a better plan than water changes long term, IMO.
 
What was the aluminum value?

When excessively high (don't rely on an ICP company to tell you what is too high) removing any white media is a better plan than water changes long term, IMO.
I have attach a link to see if you can view it....

this is from December 2022
//lab.atiaquaristik.com/share/95d5c40c9890e80c628b

if you can't access it i'll try to snip it via windows

also here is from my RODI test result...

//lab.atiaquaristik.com/share/238951061d9a49844726

after i found the results i went ahead and change all of my media filters...

so my question is do i need to do another icp test or just keep doing the biweekly water change.....no corals of mine are dying matter fact they are growing its just that my gha is annoying ... i did purchase tuxedo urchin and so far it's doing some damage but i gotta give it a little more time
 
I would call 85 ppb borderline. Not a big problem and not needing any special efforts.

Do you use any white media in the aquarium itself? Phosguard? blocks or bricks or anything esle?
 
I would call 85 ppb borderline. Not a big problem and not needing any special efforts.

Do you use any white media in the aquarium itself? Phosguard? blocks or bricks or anything esle?
Currently have marinepure block. Running carbon 24/7 for 3 months now.
 
That's the likely source. I'd personally remove them.
I assume so, but are the marinepure biosphere balls also likely to leach aluminum? My levels are elevated in both my tanks, but not to a level, I’m overly concerned about from what I read in your articles and forums. In one tank I have the blocks and in the other only the spheres.

Levels were 68.08ųg/l and 81.42ųg/l respectively.
 
I assume so, but are the marinepure biosphere balls also likely to leach aluminum? My levels are elevated in both my tanks, but not to a level, I’m overly concerned about from what I read in your articles and forums. In one tank I have the blocks and in the other only the spheres.

Levels were 68.08ųg/l and 81.42ųg/l respectively.

They reportedly can, in some cases.
 
POLYFILTER

Anyone going after aluminum with a polyfilter might be successful (I do not know), but the manufacturer is not to be trusted in its claims about aluminum since the claims about it turning the polyfilter red are just nonsense. It makes one wonder what they were binding when the filter turned red and they thought it was aluminum.
 
Poly filter I tried never turned red or reduced my aluminum levels according to ICP fwiw. Other's I've seen report the same lack of absorption.
 
Poly filter I tried never turned red or reduced my aluminum levels according to ICP fwiw. Other's I've seen report the same lack of absorption.
Anyone going after aluminum with a polyfilter might be successful (I do not know), but the manufacturer is not to be trusted in its claims about aluminum since the claims about it turning the polyfilter red are just nonsense. It makes one wonder what they were binding when the filter turned red and they thought it was aluminum.
Hi Randy been following this thread and thank you. My aluminium is 64.7 ug/l should I be worried also I’m using maxspect bio balls would thus be the source added 2 months ago? Thanx again
 
Hi Randy been following this thread and thank you. My aluminium is 64.7 ug/l should I be worried also I’m using maxspect bio balls would thus be the source added 2 months ago? Thanx again

I would not worry enough to try to actively lower it, but I’d probably remove the media.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top