Alveopora Coral Sulking or Gone?

losaeyang

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 19, 2024
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
Location
Kent
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi reefers,
Just a beginner here and set my tank a few months ago. I went on a trip and came back to tank with extremely high phosphate (0.50 ppm). I got the level down to under 0.10 and all the other corals are normal now except for the alveopora. It hasn't extended its polyp for a couple weeks. Is it gone? Thanks all.
1000004196.jpg
er
 
Its not dead yet, but its on its way out if you can't fix whatever is bothering it.
 
How fast did you drop your phosphate?
It was over a week when I was gone. Had someone look over the tank and the auto feeder was somehow set to a higher feed cadence.
 
Those are big changes in a short period of time. Try to keep your tank stable and hopefully it will pull through. What is your nitrate?
 
Those are big changes in a short period of time. Try to keep your tank stable and hopefully it will pull through. What is your nitrate?
All parameters are just getting to normal over that last week.
Alkalinity: 8
Calcium: 430
Mag: 1400
Nitrate: 30
Phosphate: 0.08
 
Those are big changes in a short period of time. Try to keep your tank stable and hopefully it will pull through. What is your nitrate?
All parameters are just getting to normal over that last week.
Alkalinity: 8
Calcium: 430
Mag: 1400
Nitrate: 30
Phosphate: 0.08
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top