Am I losing my Hammer Coral?

Slodoc07

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 18, 2017
Messages
165
Reaction score
68
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of my other corals are doing great, water parameters are fine etc...
5fca0fd558f752c69de440fc50a16854.jpg
 
How long has it been like this, does it extend at all during normal lighting hours?
 
How long has it been like this, does it extend at all during normal lighting hours?
It has been degenerative the last couple weeks. It use to extend. It not for the last week.
 
It may be getting too much flow. I have had it happen to my frogspawns and hammers. Try putting it some where in the tank with low flow.
 
It may be getting too much flow. I have had it happen to my frogspawns and hammers. Try putting it some where in the tank with low flow.


I tried multiple spots in the tank but it only seems to be getting worse. I'll try an area where there is no flow to see if that helps. I really appreciate the input by the way.
 
Have you inspected it for any bugs or flat worms on it? Dipping the hammer may be worth giving a try.
 
Try low flow low light area of the tank. Hopefully it's still savable!
 
Have you inspected it for any bugs or flat worms on it? Dipping the hammer may be worth giving a try.
I'll give it a shot man. It was once a beautiful coral. I'd feel really bad to lose it.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top