Am I the only one who cringes at this?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MSB123
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

MSB123

Someone out there put something smart here.
View Badges
Joined
Aug 11, 2017
Messages
3,487
Reaction score
3,431
Location
Santa Barbara, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watch this and cringe. So horrible. 100% WC with no cycle?
Geez.
Let’s discuss!
 
Those poor clownfish thats gotta be traumatizing flopping around every time they swap water. Along with continually being tossed in freshwater every time the tank is a bit dirty.
 
Yes!
And relying on a hydrometer.
Did she use RODI?
 
Didn't look like she cleaned the bio filter so that's a plus. Yeah don't follow her ways hahaha. Be lime me never change water. 10 month going strong.
 
Maybe she needs direction instead of just negative criticism. Have either of the 'surprised' in question gone to YouTube and reached out to her?
 
I guess I've been doing it wrong...

No heater, very little(none?)oxygenation, possible chlorine among other goodies still the in tap water and in just 30 minutes you can just dump it into your tank... easy peasy... Don't forget to remove your hermit crabs so you can shock the living crap out of them when you dump them back into an environment that likely was quite a bit different from whence they came. Logically her next step will be dropping a couple acro colonies and a maxima clam in there :confused:;)

Also, if you don't really know what you're talking about maybe you shouldn't be making "how to" videos and sharing bad info... I have no problem with newbies(we've all been there) but when they're misleading others in ways that could harm/stress/kill the animals in their care I get a little irritated.

All that being said she seems like a nice person, just not someone I'd take aquarium advice from.
 
Last edited:
Maybe she needs direction instead of just negative criticism. Have either of the 'surprised' in question gone to YouTube and reached out to her?
Yes. I have. I have reached out to her on instagram and Twitter.
 
I gave her a like, a long with the vast majority of others
 
I gave her a like, a long with the vast majority of others

Steve, I really don't think comments like this one help contribute to the conversation. I think it should definitely be discussed whether or not sharing information such as that in the video is supportive of the marine aquarium hobby. There's a reason that one of the most stressed things for people planning on starting up an aquarium is to read as much as they can before getting started. I think it's great that people are out there getting others excited about keeping aquariums but it would be unfortunate if this video leads people to drop by their local store without doing any further research and picking up fish that
 
Bad info and a perfect example of how a fish only marine tank should NOT be kept.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top