Amazing Macro Photos of Algae

Wampatom

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 3, 2020
Messages
139
Reaction score
286
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been trying to identify the types of algae growing in my tanks. I also want to see what creatures are eating different types of algae. So, I decided to photograph the outside of the tank where I took a scraping to put under the microscope. I was amazed I had the resolution to identify the algae from the outside picture.

01_n4574s4.jpg

Picture 1 – Macro of tank. Red planaria happily eating.

02__n4574s3.jpg

Picture 2 – Macro with the enclosed area enlarged. 3 types of algae are visible.


03_o1210102.jpg

Picture 3 – microscope picture of algae A (type of diatom)


04_n4413.jpg

Picture 4 – microscope picture of algae B (type of cyanobacteria) and C (different type of diatom)



So, what is the planaria eating?
 
Very Nice! Would love to see more pictures of a different variety :)
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top