Amazing What Can Happen In One Year!

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Joined
Aug 28, 2020
Messages
6,485
Reaction score
30,480
Location
White Plains, NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing what can happen in 1 years time…. Dec 2020 to Dec 2021 pics below. Please share if you have any!
1633971309904.jpeg



4CE573E5-8CD4-4DB4-A549-499325D1614C.jpeg
 
Going from a 60g , 90g and all the way to a 112g. Posting this so i remember where to go ;Bucktooth
Wait - three aquarium upgrades in one year? Did you win the lottery!
 
Aug12th 2020. tank is less then 1 month old. 60g
60gfts.jpg
may 26th 2021. 112g.
112gfts.jpg

Today
112left.jpg 112right.jpg
fts112.jpg
Wait - three aquarium upgrades in one year? Did you win the lottery!
Nope, the first was a budget build. Cheap as possible, 90g was used bowfront. Cheap, but ran into some issues.

Husband loves me and bought me a 112 after we had to toss the 90 as I didn't like the 60 anymore. Tall and narrow is a bad combination.
 
Aug12th 2020. tank is less then 1 month old. 60g
60gfts.jpg
may 26th 2021. 112g.
112gfts.jpg

Today
112left.jpg 112right.jpg
fts112.jpg

Nope, the first was a budget build. Cheap as possible, 90g was used bowfront. Cheap, but ran into some issues.

Husband loves me and bought me a 112 after we had to toss the 90 as I didn't like the 60 anymore. Tall and narrow is a bad combination.
Your husband is a saint and definitely wins spouse of the year! Also - You’ve been real busy this year!!!
 
Amazing what can happen in 1 years time…. Dec 2020 to Dec 2021 pics below. Please share if you have any!
1633971309904.jpeg



4CE573E5-8CD4-4DB4-A549-499325D1614C.jpeg
Impressive!

I have to ask, to what do you attribute your success? I want to emulate it. How old is the tank now?
 
Impressive!

I have to ask, to what do you attribute your success? I want to emulate it. How old is the tank now?
1 year and 3 months. (I did transfer the corals in the first pic from a previous tank.)

Im a believer in natural stuff. Refugium with chaeto, Oxydator, and phytoplankton everyday. Calcium Reactor and supplement with dosing TM All For reef.

Also - I’m reading and learning from R2R all the time!
 
Last edited:
Found pics. All i had of the 90gbow.
 

Attachments

  • c89f25b00352157e0435de07f006760740d832af-14.jpg
    c89f25b00352157e0435de07f006760740d832af-14.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 55
  • 56b3746e3038f2f71e251390ebd146299c94ab8b-14.jpg
    56b3746e3038f2f71e251390ebd146299c94ab8b-14.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 67
PeterC I am trying to copy your sump set up and natural approach.
 
Your husband is a saint and definitely wins spouse of the year! Also - You’ve been real busy this year!!!
He's the one who got me back into reefing. I moved and couldn't bring my old reef with me. That was painful to walk away from. New life, new reef. I'm happy :)
 
He's the one who got me back into reefing. I moved and couldn't bring my old reef with me. That was painful to walk away from. New life, new reef. I'm happy :)
Again - winner of the Husband of the year award!!!
 
@PeterC99 Check out the growth on these pieces.


IMG_0537 (2).JPG


Today

IMG_0235.JPG

I have one of these, one of my favorites and a surprisingly fast grower, think it was a GI Joe.

Edit: meant to ask if it looks as green as the update photo in real life? Crazy!
94DDFC68-D2E9-489D-9402-D37ABD2387FF.jpeg
 
Last edited:

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top