Amino acid and protein skimmers

_sludgefactory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 26, 2011
Messages
1,310
Reaction score
108
Location
Industry, PA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i usually dose 10ml of Seachem Reef Plus after i do a water change. I usually let the skimmer off for around an hour or 2 to let the reef plus "soak in?" So it doesn't just slim right out. Is that long enough? Anyone else that doses some sort of amino acid, how long, if at all do u leave your skimmer off?

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk
 
Bump!
 
I dose brightwell aquatics AA's a couple times a week at night with my coral food. I leave the skimmer off for 15 to 20 minutes.
 
I just wonder what the uptake is. I hate to waste it just from it being skimmed right out.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk
 
I'm not sure whether it makes a difference or not, but I would turn my skimmer off for an hour or so after dosing amino acids.

CJ
 
Mine usually increases after adding. That's why I'm afraid they are being pulled right back out.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
 
Bump, very curious about this after starting my AB+ Amino Dosing from Red Sea. Reviving a dead thread hopefully to get some answers years later
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top