Ammonia is at 0.2ppm. . . what could be the cause?

r.reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 9, 2021
Messages
55
Reaction score
24
Location
TN
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

My mixed reef tank has been running for almost 2yr. I noticed when I tested my water this week that my ammonia was 0.2. The image I attached is of my RODI water, because I wanted to see if there was any ammonia in IT too. I just got these RedSea testing kits this week, and I can’t for the life of me tell if it’s 0.2 or 0. I think it’s 0.2, but I wanted to see what others on here thought. If it’s 0.2 even in my RODI water, what should I do? I just replaced the cartridges a few months ago. I also used my old API test kit to test my aquarium water (not RODI), and it read the ammonia as 0.
 
Last edited:
That's more toward 0 than it is .2. You also have to keep in mind that you then have to do the conversion for total monitoring, so you're less.than .02
 
Either something big died, many small things died, or you have a bad test kit.
2 year old mature tank would show zero, always IMM.
Try another test.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top