Amphipod-ish critter bored into my GSP?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jcon82
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Jcon82

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 1, 2022
Messages
193
Reaction score
93
Location
North Providence
What state or country do you live in
Rhode Island
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All,

Was doing maintenance yesterday and notice one of my newer frags of WWC GSP was all closed up on the frag rack. I was picking algae so I grabbed it to pluck a string off and saw critter wiggle under the gsp mat. Now I do have bad luck with GSP but this frag was super healthy up until now. The creature was big enough for me to grab with tweezers but my clowns snatched it before I could take a pic.

Based off the ID thread it looks like a big amphipod. Are these known to irritate corals? Also will mandarins eat them? I just added one so the issue may already be gone
 
I've seen my mandarin eat larger amphipods but it was really hard for him. He'd rather go after copepods or super small amphipods
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top