And so it begins...Gopi's reef rebuild

Question did you leave a gap in the acrylic baffle and the tank glass?
 
I had the baffles cut just a tad small and filled in with silicone on the edge and both sides. Of course, on the 3rd baffle for the bubble trap I was only able to get silicone a couple inches down on the inside. I'd made my previous sump this way too...just used lots of silicone to hold in place.
 
I think I jinxed myself with my last post to @zemuss.
Emptied the sump to clean, water change and switch out the skimmers. Upon refilling my outer bubble trap baffles failed. The one on drain side failed on one side, the fuge side completely. Fuge side being the one I couldn't silicone all around. *sigh*. Currently holding in place using water pressure. Hopefully the baffle between fuge and return stay. If not, it'll be a great opportunity to replan and chalk up the $$$ for glass baffles.

In other news, the Tunze skimmer looks awesome and takes up way less space!
 
1436391158572-705234369.jpg


Everythig is quiet now!! The 9012 takes up less space and barely makes any noise. It was such a breeze to set up too.

I also extended the drain hose so the output is below the water surface. I think I must've knocked the baffles loose while doing that. It looks like I have 4 baffles on the left but the '3rd' from left is the silicone where the baffle was. The 4th is the piece of acrylic. It works.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top