Anemone in broodstock tank? Bad idea?

All of my spawning clowns have always been with an anemone -- however, it was just nature taking its course, and I wasn't trying to breed.

If you goal just to breed, pull the fry and raise them? If so, I would do it without an anemone. If you want a clown/anemone take and spawning it a bonus, have the anemone.
 
All of my spawning clowns have always been with an anemone -- however, it was just nature taking its course, and I wasn't trying to breed.

If you goal just to breed, pull the fry and raise them? If so, I would do it without an anemone. If you want a clown/anemone take and spawning it a bonus, have the anemone.
Well, my goal is to breed and rear the fry in separate systems. Why wouldn't you put an anemone with broodstock?
 
With an anemone in there, is might be harder to get the clowns to lay on a tile --- all of mine have laid near the anemone, in a spot where I couldn't have put a tile.
Without an anemone, you can put a tile (( or clay pot )) where-ever you desire.

Also, if you are doing this for true breeding, you most likely going to be feeding a lot, which could cause water qualitiy issues with the anemone.
 
I see where you get your point from. Most likely i am going to just keep it as it is with just the pot in.

Thanks! Really appreciate it.
 
Sure thing.

I think for your plans, it will be easier this way. I have had clowns spawning for the last 10+ years, and never thought about raising the fry, too much time/work for me -- good luck.
 
no anemone is you're strictly trying to breed. you can always have another tank with an anemone later down the road after you raise some awesome Picasso's. :)
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top