Anemone stuck in protein skimmer basket

TheShepherdTrio

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 1, 2021
Messages
62
Reaction score
57
Location
Wylie, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any tips or suggestions on getting the nem out of the protein skimmer? It decided to go for a walk around the tank and decided it was a good idea to attach itself in here for reasons unknown to me. We unplugged the skimmer so it’s not running. Can’t pull the basket down without it smushing the nem. It’s a reef Octo1000 if that helps anything. Hoping come morning time it’ll have moved out on its own, but if not I’d appreciate any suggestions on what to do.
39728D1B-5F49-4803-89E4-205217B86779.jpeg
 
You can try ice cubes maybe. See if makeing the plastic he's on cold enough for him to move. I've heard it can work to get them to move if it's somewhere you don't want to differing degrees of success and several icecubes. Personally I wouldn't try that in my tank but with it in the skimmer might be worth a shot.
 
I would take the inlet basket off and put it on your sand bed next to your rockwork. Then give the BTA a week to o work itself out and move. Or if you have a specimen box that would work as well.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top