Angelfish and tang growth rates

Dino Jameson

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 20, 2022
Messages
3
Reaction score
24
Location
Pittsburgh
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a Koran angelfish and sailfin tang a couple days apart in late April and early May about 6 months ago. They were both about 3 and a half to 4 inches long. My tang is only about 5 inches now but the angel is close to 8 inches. I figured since the tang gets slightly larger they would grow about the same maybe the tang faster. Is this normal growth rate for tangs? Also when I got the tang it had hole in head but I know how to handle that and he only has 2 or 3 scars but completely healthy. Is That the reason the tang is slower to grow? Here's a picture 4 months ago and another from a few days ago to show the size difference now.
Screenshot_2022-11-17-18-48-38.png
Screenshot_2022-11-17-18-54-04.png
Screenshot_2022-11-17-18-48-38.png Screenshot_2022-11-17-18-54-04.png
 
I got a Koran angelfish and sailfin tang a couple days apart in late April and early May about 6 months ago. They were both about 3 and a half to 4 inches long. My tang is only about 5 inches now but the angel is close to 8 inches. I figured since the tang gets slightly larger they would grow about the same maybe the tang faster. Is this normal growth rate for tangs? Also when I got the tang it had hole in head but I know how to handle that and he only has 2 or 3 scars but completely healthy. Is That the reason the tang is slower to grow? Here's a picture 4 months ago and another from a few days ago to show the size difference now.
Screenshot_2022-11-17-18-48-38.png
Screenshot_2022-11-17-18-54-04.png
Screenshot_2022-11-17-18-48-38.png Screenshot_2022-11-17-18-54-04.png
Angel as you found grows at good rate
My 10” sailfin took almost 2 years to reach that size in a 660g making them at moderate growth
 
Angel as you found grows at good rate
My 10” sailfin took almost 2 years to reach that size in a 660g making them at moderate growth
Thanks for the quick response. I'm glad to hear that it sounds normal. I just had my first saltwater fish for a full year in October so I don't know how they grow. I've had a dragon wrasse for a full year and he's only about 5 inches also but he lost most of his antlers so I know he'll be changing soon. Just amazing how much faster the Koran angel grows
 
Thanks for the quick response. I'm glad to hear that it sounds normal. I just had my first saltwater fish for a full year in October so I don't know how they grow. I've had a dragon wrasse for a full year and he's only about 5 inches also but he lost most of his antlers so I know he'll be changing soon. Just amazing how much faster the Koran angel grows
660g 3.30h.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top