anionic resin Purolite A400. What means chloride form ?

Charles Silva

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
55
Reaction score
7
Location
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
What state or country do you live in
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

I was reading the anionic Purolite A400 resin data sheet and I noticed that it is supplied in the chloride (salt-exhausted) form and it is also avaliable in the hydroxide (regerenated) form as A400OH.

I didn't find in this document if the A400 must be activated before using. I heard from a LFS that it must be activated with NaOH solution before using.

I will use in a separated chamber after a cationic resin (C100) and at the end the water pass through a mixed resin chamber (MB400).


I'm curious to understand why the anionic resin has this chloride and hydroxide form and if it must be activated before using.

Thanks
Charles Silva
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil


1597788874347.png
 
Thanks @Randy Holmes-Farley

If I soak this anion chloride form resin in a solution with NaOH before I use then rinse it will be ready to use ?

Why the anion resin is sold in a chloride form and not in OH ?

In March I loaded my filters as describled
below and I was getting a high TDS. Do you think the reason could be the anionic resin not in OH form ?


Thanks
CHArles
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top