Another JBJ 45 Thread..UPDATE ON 7 MONTH OLD MY JBJ 45

Sidsreef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 3, 2015
Messages
355
Reaction score
385
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image1_zps5ntxke6j.jpg

image2_zpsvlx6mkxi.jpg

image7_zpsdko1yehn.jpg

IMG_3661_zpsj8iwqzhr.jpg

image5_zpsexheqf2w.jpg

image7_zpsdko1yehn.jpg

IMG_3662_zpsekyni6ns.jpg
IMG_3664_zpsyo1si7nr.jpg
IMG_3666_zps3q29gchm.jpg

IMG_3667_zps4jlcclfu.jpg



OK so this is my JBJ 45 7 months old from a 100 gallon reef tank
Features
-(2) Mp40's
- aquaa max HOB1
- XR30 PRO
-Bubble magus dose pump
-aqua euro 1/13
Thats it like ive said ive had this thing for 7 months and this tank runs better than my 100 gallon reef tank i had. I have two custom filters by Intank in eatch corner. The only thing you gotta be careful of is that is gets dirty in the back chambers so you allways have too clean out your pumps and what not even tho i expected that. Over all this tank is awsome. I plan on moving a couple states over so we will see how the move goes im pretty scared lol. Let me know what you guys think!!
 
Looks fantastic.

How do you like the aquamax skimmer? What type/system for ATO?
 
Looks fantastic.

How do you like the aquamax skimmer? What type/system for ATO?
The aqua max skimmer is a tank I recommend it on this tank it gets kind of clocked up cause its a all in one but because you can take it apart its easy too clean. All in all its awsome!!

ATO is a tunze
 
Looks awesome. I've had my tank just as long. ( I have a JBJ45 also) my corals aren't as big as yours and I'm fighting brown hair algae at the moment. I went with a cube sump in my stand. Now I need room for dosing containers. So I plan on making a extra stand outside the tank for my apex and that will give me the room for cobtainers
 
Looks awesome. I've had my tank just as long. ( I have a JBJ45 also) my corals aren't as big as yours and I'm fighting brown hair algae at the moment. I went with a cube sump in my stand. Now I need room for dosing containers. So I plan on making a extra stand outside the tank for my apex and that will give me the room for cobtainers
yea i had a bad hair algae problem and i started using NO3POx by red sea after scrubbing everything in my tank and i never saw it again. i have some hair algae here and there but i think water changes and so carbon dosing will stop it. and some good skiming.
 
I was using Red Sea No3 / N4 product as well until I discovered that it could kill cheato well I didn't want that so I have a mini reactor from BRS running GFO and some phosphate in a bag in my sump and it has worked. Is that Aquaforest products your dosing? My parameters have been good so I'm not ready to start dosing yet
See my videos in my signature line
 
I was using Red Sea No3 / N4 product as well until I discovered that it could kill cheato well I didn't want that so I have a mini reactor from BRS running GFO and some phosphate in a bag in my sump and it has worked. Is that Aquaforest products your dosing? My parameters have been good so I'm not ready to start dosing yet
See my videos in my signature line
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top