I hope you're not disappointed with your Mollie's real time consumption of algas. I purchased two pair of mollies at an unusually older (and knowledgeable) LFS near me. I was warned at the time I bought them that they would eat algae from my SW tank ONLY IF it was their ONLY food source, but NOT if they had any additional food via foods offered to the other fish in my tank. Duh, I didn't listen to them, but they were right on. I recently returned 20 plus of the original's offspring to the same LFS. I elected to keep a few large pregnant females and some males and put them in my DT. Their offspring won't last long in the DT, but will no doubt add to the "thrill of the hunt" for any of my carnivore fish that can consume them.
FWIW, I must admit that I greatly admire Jake Adams for what he did to advance our hobby. But, I have no idea why he kept mollies in most of his experimental tanks...