Any CUC that'll clean the sand bed edge where algae is accumulating?

BanjoBandito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 24, 2018
Messages
2,301
Reaction score
2,947
Location
Butler County, PA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a decently deep sand bed and I have algae (coralline algae AND GHA) accumulating jussssssssssssssssssst below the sand line and above it. Is there any CUC out there that'll effectively clean that off? I've heard limpets before? I can manually remove but do not want to remove the coralline algae in the process. Thanks.
 
I have a decently deep sand bed and I have algae (coralline algae AND GHA) accumulating jussssssssssssssssssst below the sand line and above it. Is there any CUC out there that'll effectively clean that off? I've heard limpets before? I can manually remove but do not want to remove the coralline algae in the process. Thanks.

Probably a conch, love mine.
 
Get a couple nassarius snails, they won't eat the algae but will stir up the sand and let your other snails and hermits eat it. Or just get a small conch and supplement with nori. Ive kept mine in my 10 gallon for 2 years before upgrading to a 25.
 
Are you looking for a cuc that cleans the line on the glass just below the sand

if so yes I found the perfect one for that you

lol. There is no cuc that will clean that so it won’t appear sorry
 
There are snails that are known for doing that..I have some. Sadly I forget their name..
 
I had some ceriths that were extremely beneficial and useful. Not sure if my hermits got to them or they’re good hiders. Them, nassarius snails, and my pistol shrimp always turn over the sandbed and keep algae from settling.
 
I don’t know. I only have two that were sold as hermit crabs. When I got home I realized they were snails, but they turned out useful.
I’ll have to check....I might be confusing them with freshwater Malaysian snails....
 
i’d definitely go with a type of cerith for that you can try a mixture of dwarf and florida ceriths or you can get cortez cerith that dose the same thing as the florida but they don’t reach two inches
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top