Any idea what these are on my hammer?

Twodogsnnc

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 11, 2018
Messages
152
Reaction score
43
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These small black “dots” appear from time to time on only one of my hammers in qt. The photo is under a magnifying glass. I saw a few and they disappeared. I dipped Sunday with bayer and these were there this morning. I don’t know if they are a critter or something completely unrelated. The coral has been dipped several times with bayer and coral rx. #reefsquad Worried this could be a bad bug.... there are four in the picture below. Coral seems healthy otherwise. Thanks.

38A93115-9862-44B0-A1AD-300D1EB6F523.jpeg
 
Spirobid worms, and maybe a feather duster
 
Nawww.

No idea on that, could be some hitch hiking bug or algae spot. If the spots do not move I would not be too concerned if the corals otherwise appears healthy.
 
Nawww.

No idea on that, could be some hitch hiking bug or algae spot. If the spots do not move I would not be too concerned if the corals otherwise appears healthy.

Thanks. They do seem to move. Trying to figure what they could possibly be... I have dipped this piece several times 5-7 days apart. If they are bugs they are tough ones.
 
Could they be flatworms possibly? I would think the dip would take care if them if it was.....
 
Could they be flatworms possibly? I would think the dip would take care if them if it was.....

Found another one on a different hammer... all in my coral qt. I will keep trying to get a better photo.

3ED3C37A-95DD-4C61-882C-0116727312C3.jpeg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top