Any idea why my zoas won’t open

willytb

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 15, 2021
Messages
39
Reaction score
35
Location
lawrenceburg
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank parameters
Salinity 1.025
Nitrate 10ppm
Phosphate .2ppm
Ph 8.1
Dkh 8.9
I put these zoas in on Monday and they won’t open at all

6C71CFCF-75D7-459D-B6F4-FBA9E8A529FB.jpeg
 
Some zoas prefer low light and flow while others thrive in high light and flow. I don't know what causes the variation but I have some down low and some at the very top of my tank. I glued a zoa frag in a slightly shaded area and they didn't open at all and I couldn't get the plug off the rock so they just dwindled away there unfortunately.
 
I’ve moved them and turned up and down flow. Still nothing. I give it a day or so for every adjustment. They look healthy so I don’t know
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top