Anybody else that also can't stop tinkering with your system(s)?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Joined
Apr 29, 2014
Messages
21,631
Reaction score
165,374
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Recently I have been moving things around with my clown breeding system and yesterday while I was redoing some plumbing, I was wondering who else out there also can't stop tinkering with their system. I'd like to think that I am making it better, but candidly sometimes I am just making it different. :oops:

Art Illustration GIF by suhyouri
 
I'm always messing with something. I tell people having reef tanks is like having a part time job only you pay instead of get paid. Its part of what makes it fun for me tho. I'm one of those weirdos that even enjoys doing manual water changes :face-with-hand-over-mouth:
Believe me, I understand about doing manual water changes. I have a water mixing station and the ability to automate. Then I realized water changes are an important part of my exercise program!
 
Keeping a reef tank, aside from all the hardware tinkering, is effectively gardening (watering, cutting, pruning, weeding, fertilizing, pest control, propagating etc.) where the work never ends. Fortunately, I enjoy both.
That's exactly how I try to explain growing corals to people. I say it's like having and underwater garden.
 
Recently I have been moving things around with my clown breeding system and yesterday while I was redoing some plumbing, I was wondering who else out there also can't stop tinkering with their system. I'd like to think that I am making it better, but candidly sometimes I am just making it different. :oops:

Art Illustration GIF by suhyouri
I am always changing water, topping off, fragging coral, testing parameters, cleaning the glass, or feeding the fish in one of my tanks at any given time. Maintenance alone keeps me occupied, and I leave the tanks' lighting, flow, and chemistry alone. Then when I'm done, I sit in the Reef Cave surrounded by them all. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
 
I'm trying to keep the aquascape like it is right now, but I know here in a few months I will think of something and end up changing it haha
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top