Anybody seen this weird growth in Mille's before?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ValorG
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

ValorG

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 9, 2013
Messages
304
Reaction score
4
Location
Valley Stream, NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So noticed this blue growth nodule on what I thought was just a regular pink millepora. It looks like a blue tumor, and the polyps are lighter in color in that area as well. Thought it was weird and wanted to show it and see what others had to say about it.

2moxq2q.jpg
 
It may be new growth.One of my millis will change colors as it grows,usually lighter all around for me.
 
It may be, I'm waiting to see if other new growth is blue. But the weird shape is making me think it might not be.
 
It may be new growth.One of my millis will change colors as it grows,usually lighter all around for me.

That's my thought also. Looks sorta like it was fragged right there and grown over where it was cut. Either that or it's about to sprout new growth from that spot.
 
That's my thought also. Looks sorta like it was fragged right there and grown over where it was cut. Either that or it's about to sprout new growth from that spot.

I agree with it being fragged from there in the past. Or new growth about to take off from there.
 
well it wasn't fragged from there, but hopefully new growth will be blue. Been wanting a pink with blue tip mille anyway :3
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top