Anyone else notice Hydros system not on sale???

DaddyFish

“5 percenter”
View Badges
Joined
May 6, 2020
Messages
1,238
Reaction score
1,723
Location
Dallas NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I expected to see the Coral Vue - Hydros system on sale, some kinda sale, a little something discounted. But nothing, nada???

Apex must have passed along hefty discounts as there's been Black Friday, pre-Black Friday, all sorts of discounts bouncing around on Apex.

My LFSs know NOTHING about Hydros and smile big when they say... "If you buy one we'd love to hear what you think, but we're not planning to stock it right now and we're not taking pre-orders." Okay then, paint Stoopid Guinea Pig on a t-shirt and here's your sign!
 
I expected to see the Coral Vue - Hydros system on sale, some kinda sale, a little something discounted. But nothing, nada???

Apex must have passed along hefty discounts as there's been Black Friday, pre-Black Friday, all sorts of discounts bouncing around on Apex.

My LFSs know NOTHING about Hydros and smile big when they say... "If you buy one we'd love to hear what you think, but we're not planning to stock it right now and we're not taking pre-orders." Okay then, paint Stoopid Guinea Pig on a t-shirt and here's your sign!
I guess CoralVue is relying on the buzz of its newness for sales. I actually just hooked my Hydros 4 up today as my first aquarium controller.

The Wave Engine has been offered on discount, however.

It seems like Neptune rarely discounts their products, and I wonder if they didn’t run their sales to try and be more competitive with CoralVue.
 
I think it would be odd to run a sale on a newly released product. They are offering a free wifi plug with the purchase of a controller so that's something. I think Neptune ran the sale because they know coralvue is going to take a big bite out of their market. Competition is good for all of us.
 
Might as well ask Sony for a discount on a Play Station 5.
I am sure coralvue is struggling to keep up with demand. Why would they discount it.
 
I don't see them giving a discount which I don't think they should honestly just came out. I bought it when it first came out and feel like I would of just waited if they did a sale I did get the wave on the sale though
 
Might as well ask Sony for a discount on a Play Station 5.
I am sure coralvue is struggling to keep up with demand. Why would they discount it.
Perhaps to gain a rapid hold on market share? If you're going head-to-head against a big player, you need to be aggressive and dominant, not just competitive.
My point was not that they should discount anything, but more about why they have not, yet there seems to be so little knowledge base available for this new product. It's just discussion, not accusations.
 
Perhaps to gain a rapid hold on market share? If you're going head-to-head against a big player, you need to be aggressive and dominant, not just competitive.
My point was not that they should discount anything, but more about why they have not, yet there seems to be so little knowledge base available for this new product. It's just discussion, not accusations.
Initial stocking and promotion of a new product is completely an out of pocket expense or loan situation with a lot of risk involved.
If you make 500 units and had to cover that expense up front and there are a lot of units being sold your not going to suddenly discount the unit when you can sell them all at full price. Also we have no idea if Coralvue is selling these at a high margin or if they are selling them at a low margin so as to break into the market. I think that if they could offer a discount they would.

I am not accusing you of making accusations, this is a good question you bought up. I am just giving you my opinion.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top