Anyone ever make a DIY led system that can be controlled by Apex?

Steelerfan747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 7, 2011
Messages
1,901
Reaction score
28
Location
Miami
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys just sitting around looking at different led fixtures and thinking about current threads I have read of users swearing that diy led builds are the way to go. I'm sure cost wise diy is better and you are able to build it to your color preferrence which is nice but what about programmability?

Are these diy builds able to be controlled?

As the title states, "Anyone ever make a DIY led system that can be cotrolled by an APEX?"

I like the features of the Ai sol, as they can be programmed/controlled to have a more natural sunrise/sunset and can be dimmed to have moonlights.

Can this be done with a diy?

Any information on the matter would be appreciated,

Thanks.
 
I control mine with an Apex with dimming sunrise and sunsets based on the seasons. All you need is to use a driver that is dimmable using a 0-10V signal, like the Meanwell ELN series.

CJ
 
I control mine with an Apex with dimming sunrise and sunsets based on the seasons. All you need is to use a driver that is dimmable using a 0-10V signal, like the Meanwell ELN series.

CJ

thanks is it something that can be manually program or does it have to be done using a computer

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2
 
I'm not sure if basic dimming can be done on the unit itself or not, I've always done it on the computer. If you want to do it based on the seasons, you definitely need to do it on the computer.

CJ
 
Wish apex had multi pump doser w interface like profolux. Allow interface in ml rather than seconds.
 
I will be soon... But my schematics require PWM so I will be using a converter... Build thread to come soon.
 
IF - the Apex puts out a 0-10 VDC analog signal to control an LED dimmer then it can be used to control Mean Well LED drivers like used by RapidLED kits.
 
A multi pump doser like the one avail on ProfiLux would be more interesting in my opinion. However doing so would require a major rethink of Apex logic.
 
Yes you have to make sure the driver supports analog dimming such as 0-10V. I just finished up my frag tank build that uses 4 Meanwell 60-48D drivers. I then procured 2 Feamle cat 5 jacks on ebay and connect that to the VDM. On the 4 channels I have Blue, Royal Blue, CW, 4K, Green, Cyan. I put red and UV on 700MA constant current that is not dimmable. Good luck.
 
Just read my last post and realized it sounded snarky. Sorry if the comment came off wrong. I didn't feel like that at the time....I just suck at typing. Thanks for sharing!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top