Anyone had clear slime on tank glass?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DE FISH
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

DE FISH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 19, 2021
Messages
1,072
Reaction score
2,328
Location
UK
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been having this issue for a while now it’s clear like slime comes off like cyano matts but is clear in appearance when you net the stuff it appears brown In colour it’s covers the glass and some equipment. I’ve just had a massive scrub and netted as much as I can I now have a snow storm in the tank till it settles and sticks back to the glass ect anyone experienced this ? Any advice please ? Thank you
 
Yes it’s seen it. Increase water circulation and run lab grade carbon
Snails like astrea, cerith , trochus snd nerite will consume it
 
Yes it’s seen it. Increase water circulation and run lab grade carbon
Snails like astrea, cerith , trochus snd nerite will consume it
I’ve have pretty high flow i can try cranking it up but usually my lps get annoyed. Problem is this stuff clogs up the wavemakers something chronic I added rowa carbon yesterday and just done a 25% water change. Is rowa carbon sufficient? I’m tryIng to get some cuc but isn’t much available locally at the minute. I lost my astreas when I was whacked with covid bed ridden for two weeks all upside down dead :/
 
I’ve have pretty high flow i can try cranking it up but usually my lps get annoyed. Problem is this stuff clogs up the wavemakers something chronic I added rowa carbon yesterday and just done a 25% water change. Is rowa carbon sufficient? I’m tryIng to get some cuc but isn’t much available locally at the minute. I lost my astreas when I was whacked with covid bed ridden for two weeks all upside down dead :/
Bounce the flow off the glass creating a gyre effect
 
@vetteguy53081 My tank is too narrow to be able to achieve this it’s a 30g long I have wavemakers either side colliding with one another. A hob skimmer and seachem hob filter. I have a bigger tank ready but the mrs won’t let me get it running till we move house hopefully mid this year
 
After adding 4 cerith snails and a Mexican turbo the issue is still occurring clear like strips when scraped off looks clear/white in appearance until netted it then looks brown. I’ve also been using activated carbon. I do not dose nopox, vinegar or any carbon source.
 
Issue still happening despite increased cuc
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top